What is Stormceptor MAX?
Stormceptor MAX is an oil grit separator/hydrodynamic separator that responds to the needs to large-scale industrial, urban and residential areas which may require a single stormwater management device. It provides stormwater quality treatment for areas 20 to 100+ acres, and industrial spill volume capture of 15,000+ gallons.
How Does Stormceptor MAX Work?
- Stormwater enters the Stormceptor MAX through the inlet tower. A specially designed inlet insert slows the water down and directs it to a lower chamber
- The non-turbulent lower horizontal chamber allows free oils and debris to rise, and sediment to settle
- Free oils and other floatables remain trapped
- Sediment lies dormant and retained for later removal
- Stormceptor MAX’s patented technology provides scour prevention during very large rain events while continuing to provide treatment. Excess flows bypassing over the inlet insert’s weir directly towards the outlet tower and downstream to ensure pollutants are captured and contained during all rainfall events, even extreme storms
- Treated stormwater exits upward through the outlet insert
1. Patented scour prevention technology
1. Superior pollutant removal and retention
2. Oil / fuel spill protection, and gross pollutant capture
2. Extensive storage capacity for oils, fuel and gross pollutants
3. Design Flexibility
3. Modularly designed to meet your site’s needs
4. Provides treatment for large drainage areas
4. Horizontally extended based on site’s needs
STORMCEPTOR MAX APPLICATIONS
- Stormceptor MAX is commonly applied to remove pollutants and provide oil/fuel spill protection anywhere there is stormwater runoff or snowmelt, commonly in the following applications:
STORMCEPTOR MAX OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
The following options and accessories are available for specific functions and site conditions:
- High load structure - Standard design loading is CHBDC or AASHTO H-20. Specialized loading can be designed to withstand very high loadings such as airports and port facilities
- Submerged - This custom designed arrangement can be applied to any Stormceptor MAX unit to accommodate a submerged pipe application, often applied nearby lakes, rivers, coastal areas and areas with high groundwater tables
- Oil Alarm - To mitigate spill liability with 24/7 detection, an electronic monitoring system can be employed to trigger a visual and audible alarm when an oil spill occurs OIL ALARM BROCHURE
- Additional oil capture system – With a Stormceptor MAX, increased oil spill and storage capacity can be designed into the unit
STORMCEPTOR MAX MAINTENANCE
Inspection and Maintenance is fundamental to the long-term performance of any stormwater quality treatment device. While regular maintenance is crucial, it shouldn’t be complicated. Commonly conducted at grade, Stormceptor MAX’s design can easily incorporate features to make inspections and maintenance a less expensive process. Once maintained, the Stormceptor is functionally restored as designed, with full pollutant capture capacity.
STORMCEPTOR MAX MAINTENANCE RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Inspect & clean post construction, prior to being put into service
- Inspect every 6 months for the first year to determine the oil and sediment accumulation rate. In subsequent years, inspections are based on first-year observations or local requirements
- Inspect immediately after an oil, fuel or chemical spill. A licensed waste management company should remove oil and sediment and dispose responsibly
- Maintenance is performed with a standard vacuum truck
STORMCEPTOR OWNER'S MANUAL
PCSWMM for Stormceptor - Advanced stormwater sizing and design software
PCSWMM for Stormceptor is continuous simulation modelling software that determines the best Stormceptor system for your site. Based on the US EPA’s SWMM (Storm Water Management Model), PCSWMM for Stormceptor makes the sizing of Stormceptor systems a straightforward and streamlined process.
For the Stormceptor EF offered currently in Canada, please contact your Stormceptor representative for sizing and design assistance.
PCSWMM for Stormceptor highlights:
- Region specific design – Localized rainfall data from over 1,900 NOAA weather stations across North America allow for region-specific design
- Accessible – Within a single project, multiple Stormceptor units can be sized and the information revisited as project parameters change
- Fast – Easy-to-use online system allows for a quick turn around
- Optimal sizing – Unit sizing is based on your specific site conditions, including a variety of particle size distributions and targeted % removal
- Useful reports – Provides a summary report that includes projected performance calculations. Also available online is specifications and standard drawings; all of which can be used in client meetings and regulatory approvals.